Yes Huddle XS 4G Mobile Hotspot
1. How do I connect devices to the Huddle XS ?
Make sure your Huddle XS is powered on. Next search for the Huddle XS’s default SSID (network name) on your Wi-Fi enabled device. You should see something like this:
- "Yes, you are amazing – 000XXX".
- The XXX are the last three digits of the Huddle XS MAC ID.
2. How do I setup my Huddle XS?
First, connect your Huddle XS to your laptop or computer using either the supplied USB cable or through the Huddle’s Wi-Fi connection. Open a web browser on the computer, type http://192.168.1.1/ in the URL field and press enter. The Huddle XS admin page should open in your browser. Type ‘admin’ in both the username and password fields. The browser will now take you to the setup page. Click on Basic setup and follow the on-screen directions.
- Enter your Yes ID and password. Click next. Note: Your password is case sensitive.
- Enter your desired SSID (Network Name) with no symbols and tick on the security
check box. This is the name other devices will see when they connect to your
Huddle XS. Enter your desired password in the Key Pass Phrase field and then click next.
- Review your settings and click next. If you’d like to make a change, you can go back to the previous step and update the information you’ve provided
- Press OK. Once your Huddle XS reboots, you can begin to enjoy surfing the Internet on the blazing fast Yes 4G network.
1. How many users can connect to the Huddle XS at one time?
- You can connect up to 5 users at the same time: 4 users via Wi-Fi and one tethered connection via USB.
1. What's the radio reception like on the Huddle XS compared to original Huddle?
- The Huddle XS shares the same radio reception capabilities of the original Huddle. This is an amazing feat considering how much smaller the Huddle XS is!
1. What do the different LED colours indicate?
2. When I’m tethered via USB, the power LED turns red. Why is this so and how do I check on the status of the battery?
- When you are tethered via USB, the power LED will show red and this indicates that the Huddle XS is charging. To check the battery status, simply unplug the Huddle XS from the USB cable check the power LED.
3. My Huddle XS power LED is green and blinking rapidly. What does this mean?
- When the Huddle XS power LED is green and blinking rapidly, it means the device is downloading new firmware. Please keep your Huddle XS turned on until this process completes. Once the new firmware has been downloaded, the WiMAX LED indicator will stop blinking. The update will be installed automatically once the Huddle XS is restarted.
4. My Huddle XS power LED is red and blinking. What does this mean?
- When the Huddle XS power LED is red and blinking, it means there is no signal or that the connection has failed due to an incorrect password or Yes ID.
1. What is the Wi-Fi signal radius of the Huddle XS?
- The typical Wi-Fi signal radius covers an area of up to 30 feet away from the Huddle XS. This coverage can be affected by obstructions such as buildings, walls, or the orientation of the device. The Wi-Fi transmit power level settings can also effect the range of the device.
- You can edit the strength of the Wi-Fi signal on the admin page however; setting the Huddle XS to a stronger signal will drain your battery faster.
2. What are the supported Wi-Fi security encryptions on the Huddle XS?
- The Huddle XS supports WEP, WPA and WPA2 Wi-Fi security encryptions.
3. What Wi-Fi protocols do the Huddle XS use and what is the connection speed of the Huddle XS’s Wi-Fi network?
- The Huddle XS supports the Wi-Fi 802.11b/g protocols.
- The Wi-Fi connection speed is dependent on many variables: the type of device & its capabilities, and how far you are from the Huddle XS.
1. How do I perform a factory reset on my Huddle XS?
- You can reset your Huddle XS by pressing and holding the power button for more than 30 seconds. After 30 seconds the Wi-Fi power LED will turn off. Your Huddle XS will be reset to the default factory settings once it has been restarted.
- A factory reset can also be done via the Huddle XS admin page (http://192.168.1.1/) under Advanced Setting => Management => Upgrade => Factory Reset.
2. How do I perform a manual reboot on my device?
- You can manually reboot the device by pressing the switch located within a small hole next to the USB port.
1. How long will the battery last on a full charge?
- The Huddle XS battery can last up to 6 hours on a full charge.
- Operating conditions, Wi-Fi transmitting power levels, 4G signal strength levels as well as regular wear and tear can have an effect on battery performance.
2. Can I buy additional backup batteries?
- The battery pack used in the Huddle XS is built especially for Yes and is not available for sale separately.
3. How long will it take to fully charge the battery?
- The Huddle XS will take approximately 3 hours to reach a full charge via power adapter and about 3-4 hrs via USB cable. The power LED will turn green when the battery is fully charged.
1. What is Sleep Mode?
- Sleep mode allows you to put your Huddle XS to sleep when not in use for short periods of time. You will be able to quickly boot up your device by toggling the power button.
2. How do I turn Sleep Mode on or off?
Sleep Mode is turned off by default. You can turn sleep mode on or off in the Huddle XS admin page (http://192.168.1.1) under Advanced Settings => Management => Administration => Power Options
3. How do I put my Huddle XS to sleep?
- Press and hold the power button until the power light turns yellow and starts to blink, then release the power button to enable sleep mode.
4. How do I power off my Huddle XS?
- Press and hold the power button until the power light turns red, then release the power button to fully power off.
5. What is the difference between Sleep Mode and Power Off?
- Sleep mode consumes a small amount of power but allows you to quickly boot up your device.
- Power off does not consume any power but the device will take a longer time to boot up. We recommend that you power off your device when not in use for an extended period of time.
1. How do I check my firmware version?
- Head over to your Huddle XS admin page (http://192.168.1.1/) and check the firmware version at the Status page.
2. Does the Huddle XS support FOTA (Firmware Over The Air)?
- Yes, Huddle XS supports FOTA. Your Huddle XS will automatically download updates via its own connection and seamlessly installs them.