- What is the NUTP Free SIM?
The NUTP Free SIM is a Service Plan provided under the Prepaid Service by YTL Communications Sdn Bhd (“YES”). It is available only for the members registered under the National Union Of The Teaching Profession Malaysia (“NUTP”). Terms and conditions apply.
- How do I know that I am eligible for this programme?You need to be a member registered under the National Union Of The Teaching Profession Malaysia (“NUTP”). If you believe you qualify for registration, please visit http://www.nutp.org.my/ for member registration. In addition, you do not have more than five prepaid service accounts with YES.
- Where can I apply for this programme?
You can apply for the NUTP Free SIM through our MyYes app or the YES Online Store.
- How many NUTP Free SIM Card(s) (“SIM Card”) can I apply for?
Each eligible subscriber can only apply for one SIM Card.
- I have submitted my application for a SIM Card, now what?
Upon receiving your application, we will verify if you are eligible (see FAQ no.2 for the eligibility criteria) and we will send you an email informing whether you are successful. If your application is successful, your SIM Card will be delivered to the address you provided in the application form.
- I have successfully applied for a free SIM Card and received my confirmation email, how do I know when I will receive it?
You should receive your delivery tracking number with your successful application email. To check your delivery status, go to www.yes.my/TrackOrder and enter your delivery tracking number.
- I have received my free SIM, how do I activate it to start using my free 40GB data right away?
To activate your SIM Card,
(i) Download the MyYes app
(ii) On the login page, press “New User”
(iii) Press “Activate SIM” button and follow the self-activation steps on the screen
(iv) Once your activation is successful, you can now login to your account using your phone number and the password sent to your email. You can also login using the TAC method if you can’t find your password.
- Am I allowed to choose a YES Mobile Number when I apply for the SIM Card?
Not at this point in time. A YES Mobile Number will be assigned to each SIM Card upon activation.
- Why do I need to provide my myKad information and perform facial recognition during activation?
In accordance with the guidelines set by the government, we are required to confirm that all subscribers are genuine and there is no fraud involved.
- How long will my NUTP Free SIM account be active from the date of activation of the SIM Card?
Your NUTP Free SIM service account will remain active for a period of 60 days from the date of activation of the SIM Card.
- What happens if my NUTP Free SIM account becomes inactive?
You will still be able to receive calls & SMS, access your contacts and make emergency calls. However, you will not be able to make any other calls, send SMS or surf the internet. Kindly purchase a YES Reload for your NUTP Free SIM. The minimum purchase of a Yes Reload is RM5 which has a Validity Period of ten (10) days.
Any unutilised data after the expiry of your account shall be forfeited.
- Does the 40GB free data have an expiry date?
Yes, it does. It is valid for a period of 60 days only from the date of successful activation of your NUTP Free SIM Card.
- How will I know whether I have received my free 40GB data upon activation of my NUTP Free SIM Card?
Login to MyYes app and the data should be reflected on your home screen.
- Can I purchase other Prepaid Data Add-Ons before my account expires?
Yes, you can. For more information on the Prepaid Data Add-on, please check out our Prepaid FAQ.
- Will there be any charges imposed when I call other YES numbers?
There will be no charges imposed when you call YES numbers from your YES SIM. However, charges will be imposed on all international (IDD) calls and SMS in accordance with the voice calls and SMS rates as more specially published in www.yes.my/roaming.
- Will there be any charges imposed when I call other networks?
Yes, all domestic calls to other networks are subjected to a standard rate. Please refer to the table below:-
Type of Off Net Services Rates (RM) Charging Block (in seconds) Voice Calls RM 0.09/minute 30 SMS RM 0.09/SMS –
- Will there be any charges imposed on IDD Service?
Yes, charges will be imposed. Please refer to the voice call and SMS rates in relation to IDD Service @ www.yes.my/roaming.
- What if I have more questions not addressed in this FAQ?
You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or get the MyYes app and manage your account anywhere with our Selfcare app.