Dated this 16th September 2021
- The Programme. The YES Online Prepaid SIM Card 7GB for Institutions of Higher Learning Learn From Home Programme (“IHL LFH Programme”) is a time-limited programme launched by YTL Communications Sdn Bhd (“YTLC”) in collaboration with YTL Foundation and FrogAsia Sdn Bhd (collectively “YTL”).
- Eligibility. The IHL LFH Programme is open to all Personnel and Students from selected participating Institution of Higher Learning (“Eligible Subscribers”) to enable them learn through digital platforms. Please refer to YTL Foundation website for further information on the list of participating Institution of Higher Learning under this Programme.
- Applicable Terms & Conditions.
3.1 Subject only to the variations as expressly set out herein (“IHL LFH Programme T&Cs”), all other terms and conditions incorporated in the Prepaid Service Terms & Conditions, Yes 4G LTE Prepaid Plan Terms & Conditions, Prepaid Data Add-On Terms & Conditions, Yes Reload Terms and Conditions, Kasi Up Unlimited and Kasi Up Turbo 5GB Prepaid LTE Data Add-On Promotion (available at www.yes.my/tnc.) shall remain and be applicable to the IHL LFH Programme (hereinafter shall be collectively referred to as the “Prepaid Terms and Conditions”). In the event of any inconsistency between the IHL LFH Programme T&Cs and the Prepaid Terms and Conditions, the IHL LFH Programme T&Cs shall prevail to the extent of any such inconsistency.
3.2 All capitalised words and expressions herein shall, unless otherwise provided, bear the same meaning as provided in the Prepaid Terms and Conditions:-
“ Institution of Higher Learning” means the selected participating higher educational institution having the status of a University or University College respectively and regulated by the Universities and Universities Colleges Act 1971 (Act 30)
“ Personnel” refers to those individuals, employed or engaged by such Institution of Higher Learning under a contract of service or contract for service, who teaches, coaches and/or trains the Students in the field of education including professors, associate professors, lecturers, coaches and mentors, and having a valid ID Card.
“ Students” refers to all existing students (including New Intake Students) registered with such Institution of Higher Learning and having a valid ID Card.
“ ID Card” refers to the identity card issued by the respective Institution of Higher Learning to their Personnel and Students.
- Programme Period. The IHL LFH Programme will commence on 16th September 2021, 12:00a.m. and continue until 30th September, 2022, 11:59p.m. (“IHL LFH Programme Period”).
- Entitlement under the IHL Programme Bundle.
5.1 The IHL LFH Programme bundle consist of:-
a. FREE One (1) YES Prepaid SIM Card with YES Mobile Number; and
b. FREE 7GB LTE Data (“ Free Data”) for a service validity period of thirty (30) days each cycle during the Campaign Period (“Service Validity Period”), subject to Clauses 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 below. All items listed in Clauses 5.1(a) and 5.1(b) above shall collectively be referred to as the “IHL LFH Programme Bundle”.
5.2 The Free Data will be automatically credited into the Eligible Subscribers’ Prepaid account upon successfully activation of his/her SIM card.
5.3Thereafter, for each succeeding months of the Campaign Period, the Free Data will be allocated to the Eligible Subscribers after expiry of each Service Validity Period.
5.4The allocation of Free Data to the Eligible Subscribers for the last month of the Campaign Period will depend on the end date of the preceding month’s Service Validity Period, which shall not be later than 29th September 2022. This means if the Service Validity Period of a preceding month ends on or before 29th September 2022, such Eligible Subscribers will continue to enjoy Free Data for the succeeding month of the Service Validity Period. However, if the Service Validity Period in the preceding month ends on or after 30th September 2022, such Eligible Subscriber will not continue to enjoy any further Free Data. For clarity and avoidance of doubt, please refer to the following examples:-
In the event an Eligible Subscriber’s Service Validity Period ends on 29th September 2022, he/she will continue to enjoy Free 7GB LTE Data for a period of thirty (30) days from 30th September 2022 until 29th October 2022 subject always that the Eligible Subscriber’s Prepaid account is active i.e the Account Validity Period has not expired.
In the event an Eligible Subscriber’s Service Validity Period ends on 30th September 2022, he/she will not be entitled to enjoy any further Free 7GB LTE Data.
- Criteria For Redemption.
a. Eligible Subscribers must have the following valid identification documents:-
(i) for Malaysian citizens or permanent residents – MyKad (or MyPR or MyTentera, as applicable) and for foreigners, International Passport; and
(ii) ID Card.
b. Each Eligible Subscriber is entitled to register for one (1) IHL LFH Programme Bundle only subject always that the Eligible Subscriber does not have, in aggregate, more than five (5) prepaid accounts with YES.
c. For On-line Application
(i). To apply for the IHL LFH Programme Bundle, a URL link will be provided to the Eligible Subscriber by the respective Institution of Higher Learning (“URL Link”). The Eligible Subscriber must register his/her interest via the URL Link or YES online portal @ https://ytlfoundation.org/ and provide the required information in the online form therein on or by 30 September 2022, 11:59 p.m. The Eligible Subscriber is also required to validate his/her email address as part of the registration of interest process.
(ii). If the Eligible Subscriber meets all the application criteria, YTLC will notify the Eligible Subscriber and the YES Prepaid SIM Card will be delivered via courier (“ Delivery Agent”) to the Eligible Subscriber’s delivery address as stated in the online form. The Delivery Agent will verify the information provided by the Eligible Subscriber in Clause 6.c.(i) above against the Eligible Subscriber’s original identification documents referred to in Clause 6(a) above upon delivery of the YES Prepaid SIM Card. The Eligible Subscriber is required to have his/her original identification documents ready for the verification by the Delivery Agent. While waiting for the delivery of the YES Prepaid SIM, Eligible Subscribers are encouraged to download MyYes and visit http://ytlfoundation.org/learnfromhomeuni for more information about the IHL LFH Programme.
(iii). For clarity, in the event YTLC’s attempt to contact the Eligible Subscriber or to deliver the YES Prepaid SIM Card is unsuccessful, then YTLC will deem that such Eligible Subscriber is not interested to continue with the IHL LFH Programme Bundle and such Eligible Subscriber will not be entitled to re-register his/her interest.
(iv). Once the Eligible Subscriber has received the YES Prepaid SIM Card, the Eligible Subscriber must activate the YES Prepaid SIM Card via the YES self-registration application (“eKYC”).
d. YTL reserves the right to cancel the YES Prepaid SIM Card in the event any Eligible Subscriber fails to activate the YES Prepaid SIM Card within a period of six (6) months from the date of delivery/receive thereof to the Eligible Subscribers.
e. YTL reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
- Limitation of Liability. YTL shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including without limitation loss of use, loss of income, profits or goodwill, direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties) howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with the IHL LFH Programme.
- Laws. The IHL LFH Programme shall in all respects be governed by the laws of Malaysia.
- Modifications. YTLC reserves the right to, at any time, add to, delete, vary or amend the terms and conditions herein or change or modify any aspect of the IHL LFH Programme, in whole or in part at any time and from time to time and at its sole discretion without notice and without liability to the Eligible Subscribers or any other party. Without prejudice to the aforesaid, YTLC reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the IHL LFH Programme at any time before or during the IHL LFH Programme Period with notice but without any liability or compensation whatsoever.
- Conflict in Language. In the event of any conflict between the English and Bahasa Malaysia versions of the IHL LFH Programme T&Cs, the English version shall prevail to the extent of any such inconsistencies.