- What is the Yes Network Test Drive?
The Yes Network Test Drive allows you to try our Yes network with uncapped 5G + 4G data and speed for 30 days FREE via eSIM, where you can activate anytime, anywhere, while keeping your existing service with your current network provider. You will be able to experience Malaysia’s Fastest Mobile Network on an eSIM compatible phone. You may refer to Yes Network Test Drive terms and conditions for more information.
- How does the Yes Network Test Drive let me try the network?
With Yes Network Test Drive, you can try the Yes network on your own phone by activating the Yes network as a secondary network provider by using Yes eSIM while keeping your existing service with your current network provider. The Yes Network Test Drive plan is free and active for 30 days. You can experience Malaysia’s Fastest Mobile Network with an eSIM compatible phone.
- Who is eligible to subscribe to the Yes Network Test Drive?
Yes Network Test Drive is open to all Malaysian citizens above 12 years of age and new Yes subscribers in possession of a valid MyKad or MyPR or MyTentera
- Where can I apply for the Yes Network Test Drive?
You can apply for the Yes Network Test Drive through the Yes website yes.my.
- How many Yes Network Test Drives can I apply to?
Yes Network Test Drive eligible for new Yes customers and only one (1) Yes Prepaid FT5G for One (1) MyKad or MyPR or MyTentera.
- What is the service offering for Yes Prepaid FT5G plan under Yes Network Test Drive?
For more information on the service and rate offerings, kindly refer below;
Plan Name Yes Prepaid FT5G Price FREE Internet Data Uncapped 5G + 4G data and speed Hotspot (5G/4G) 20GB Account Validity Period 60 days (from Yes eSIM activation date) Service Validity Period 30 days (from Yes eSIM activation date) On-Net Services of domestic voice calls Unlimited Off-Net Services of domestic voice calls Unlimited On-Net Services of domestic SMS Unlimited Off-Net Services of domestic SMS RM 0.09 per SMS
- What is the duration of the Yes Network Test Drive?
The duration will be from 2nd November 2023 until further notice.
- I have received an email notification from Yes on my successful registration for the Yes Network Test Drive. How shall I proceed?
You will receive a link in the email to generate your Yes eSIM barcode for SIM activation. You are required to click on the link within 3 days before the link expires. Please follow the steps given to claim your FREE Yes eSIM.
To activate your Yes eSIM, please follow the steps below:
(i) Download the MyYes app, open the application and click on “New User”
(ii) Click on “Activate SIM”, then scan the barcode (to use Yes eSIM barcode generated)
(iii) Complete activation by following the self-activation steps on the screen
(iv) Once your activation is successful, you will auto-login to your MyYes App account.
(v) Once you login, click on “Install” to complete the Yes eSIM profile installation.
(Please ensure your device is supported with Yes eSIM and for more information on Yes eSIM, refer to Yes eSIM website).
Note: Please ensure MyYes App is updated to iOS: v14.6.13 and for Android & Harmony OS: v2.0.478 or latest versions. You are required to perform a one-time SIM activation within three (3) days upon receipt of the Yes eSIM barcode for SIM activation email. Failure to do so will result in the deactivation of the eSIM.
- I am an iPhone user. Is my phone supported by Yes network?
In order to have the best experience on Yes 5G network on your iPhone XS or later models, you will need to update to the latest carrier settings version 56.1 and iOS 17.1 or later versions.
On your iPhone, please follow the simple steps below:
(i) Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Update to the latest iOS version
(ii) Go to Settings > General > About > If prompted, follow the steps to update to the latest carrier settings.For older iPhones, please enable VoLTE with the following steps:
(i) Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Voice & Data > Turn On VoLTE
Note: Please back up your device using iCloud or your computer
- I accidentally deleted the email notification on successful registration for the Yes Network Test Drive. Can I request for the email to be re-sent?
You may contact our email@example.com for any assistance.
- How long will my service account remain active?
Your Yes Network Test Drive service account will remain active for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of activation of your Yes eSIM.
- What happens if my Yes Network Test Drive account becomes inactive?
You will still be able to receive calls and SMS, access your contacts and make emergency calls. However, you will not be able to make any calls, send SMS or surf the internet. Kindly purchase a Yes Reload or Data Add-Ons via MyYes app to continue using Yes services.
- I like using Yes services and wish to continue using Yes. Can I stay or upgrade my plan?
Yes, you can upgrade your plan via MyYes If you are interested in our phone bundle plans, you can always visit any of our Yes Store or Yes Authorised dealers or visit www.yes.my for more information. We may also send out survey satisfaction email to get your feedback on our network and our services.
- How will I know whether I have received my free data upon activation of my Yes Prepaid FT5G plan for Yes Network Test Drive?
You can always login to MyYes app and refer to the account information displayed on MyYes app home screen.
- Can I purchase other Prepaid Data Add-Ons before my account expires?
Yes, you can. You can purchase Prepaid Data Add-Ons via MyYes app to continue using Yes services.
- Will there be any charges imposed when I call other Yes mobile numbers?
All calls made to Yes numbers are free. However, charges will be imposed on all international calls and SMS in accordance with the voice calls and SMS rates found at yes.my/roaming.
- Will there be any charges imposed when I call the other networks?
Yes, standard rates will apply after the expiry of your 30 days service validity for off Net calls. Please refer to the table below:
Type of Off Net Services Rates (RM) Charging Block (in seconds) SMS RM 0.09/SMS –
- Will there be any charges imposed on IDD Service?
Yes, charges will be imposed. Please refer to the voice call and SMS rates in relation to IDD Service @yes.my/roaming.
- Can I keep my current phone number from other telco when switching to Yes Prepaid FT5G plan under Yes Network Test Drive?
Yes, you can switch your number to Yes after Yes eSIM activation via MyYes app.
- Can I change my existing Service Plan to a Yes Prepaid FT5G plan?
No, the Free Yes Prepaid FT5G Plan is only available for new registration.
- I am having network issues while using the Yes Network Test Drive plan. Who should I contact for assistance or feedback?
Feel free to reach out to YesCare at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- What if I have more questions not addressed in this FAQ?
We’re here to help! Feel free to reach out to YesCare at email@example.com for any other enquiries. You can also download MyYes app from the Google Play Store, Apple App Store or Huawei AppGallery to chat with our friendly Chatbot, Sofia or directly submit your questions to our customer advocate by creating a ticket in your MyYes App under Quick Access by clicking YesCare tab.