- What is Data Roaming?
Data roaming allows you to access data services including Internet, Facebook, WhatsApp, etc. from your mobile device while traveling overseas. Data Roaming is available in certain designated countries/destinations that are stated on our website. Please refer to www.yes.my/roaming for updated roaming coverage list.Data roaming charges will depend on whether you have selected the Yes Roam day pass or the standard pay-as-you-use (PAYU). Terms and conditions apply.
- What is YES Roam?
Yes Roam offers Internet data service when you are travelling abroad with Yes’s preferred roaming operators at a fixed daily charge with usage quota.
- How do I select roaming operator?
Step 1: From the “Settings” menu, tap “Mobile networks”.
Step 2: Tap “Network Operators”.
Step 3: Tap “Search networks”.
Wait for 1 or 2 minutes. You will see a list of networks.
Choose the preferred network* and connect.Step 4: Turn on Data Roaming and Mobile Data in your mobile device setting.
*Please refer to www.yes.my/roaming for the full list of designated preferred roaming operators and charges.
- I have turned on data roaming and mobile data in my mobile device setting but unable to access data service ?
Please ensure you turn on your “Mobile data”.
* For roaming operators who do not support 4G LTE roaming, we advise to change your mobile network mode to 2G/3G only. You can search in www.yes.my/roaming for the destination that you wish to travel and look out for the preferred operator if 4G LTE is supported.
- When will my Yes Roam expire?
This is a daily validity offer valid from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 of the visiting country’s capital city time and will be renewed and charged on a daily basis until you switch off your data roaming and mobile data in your mobile device setting. For example, if you are in United Kingdom and start Yes Roam from 09:00 London time, your daily validity will end at 23:59:59 London time.
- How will I be charged if I am connected to 2 or more preferred roaming operators on the same day while roaming at different country?
You will be charged Yes Roam charges for each of the preferred roaming operators that you are connected to on the same day.
- What will happen if I use data roaming in Yes’s non preferred roaming operator?
You will be charged at PAYU rate. You can refer to our website www.yes.my/roaming for the details of the International Roaming rates.
- Is there any applicable Fair Usage Policy (FUP)?
Yes. FUP applies and data speed will be reduced when you reached the daily fair usage quota.
- If I’ve reached my daily fair usage quota, will I be charged for the data roaming usage after the fair usage quota?
Any data roaming usages after the fair usage quota will not be charged.
- Can I restore my data speed upon reaching the daily fair usage quota?
No. Your data speed will be reduced till the end of the day.
- I have turned off data roaming and was using Wi-Fi. Why am I still charged for data roaming usage?
It is possible for some smartphones to still incur data roaming usage even if you have turned off Data Roaming on your phone settings. This is especially true in the LTE where data services can be activated by default when performing a location update. This is specific for the LTE standards and was not the case in GSM/GPRS/3G standards. Should you need to really turn off data roaming, we recommend the following steps to avoid incurring further data roaming charges.a) Switch off Mobile Data and Data Roaming
b) Switch on airplane mode
c) Switch off airplane mode
d) Turn on Wi-Fi (If you want to use data services)