- What is the Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan?
This plan offers customers unlimited 5G data with uncapped speed to power up your home or anywhere you are. No installation, no waiting period. Instant enjoyment. The plan includes a free router on a 24 month contract.
- What is the minimum age requirement to sign up for the Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan?
You must be 18 years of age and above.
- As a foreigner, can I subscribe to Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan?
Yes, you can. There will be a deposit of RM200 which is applicable for the rate plan offerings.
- What are Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan offerings?
The service offerings and rate offerings are as stated below;
Plan Name Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Device Price Free (RRP: RM1,199)
(subject to fulfilment of contract period)
Monthly Commitment Fee RM99.00 (+RM5.94 SST) Contract 24 months Data(5G) (Uncapped 5G data and speed
Data (4G) Uncapped 4G speed (up to 150GB data)
Plan Advance Payment RM99.00 (RM104.94 including SST)
(to be credited to the Subscriber’s initial bill)
Upfront Payment (Device) – Activation Fee – Total Payment Upon Registration RM99.00 (RM104.94 inclusive SST) Foreigner Deposit RM200
- Where can I sign up for the Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan?
You may subscribe to Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan through yes.my, MyYes app, Yes Authorised Dealers and Yes Store.
- Can I sign up for more than one (1) Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan?
You may subscribe to one or more Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Service Plan provided always that you do not have, in aggregate, more than fifteen (15) Postpaid Service Plans registered with Yes.
- Does the Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan come with a voice or SMS service?
This plan does not support calls and SMS. The Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan is for data usage only.
- Do I need to activate the SIM card immediately upon receipt, or can I do so at a later time?
You are required to perform a one-time activation of the SIM Card within seven (7) days from the date you receive the SIM Card. Any failure to do so will result in the SIM Card being automatically activated after seven (7) days from the date you receive the SIM Card.
- How do I activate my SIM card for Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan?
Download the MyYes app, open the application and click on “New User”
Click on “Activate SIM”, then “Start”
Scan the barcode found on the SIM card or manually input your SIM serial number
Select a number and click on “Next”
Select your ID, scan it, and confirm the ID type
Complete activation by following the steps to perform an eKYC and verification of your ID.
Create a password to log into MyYes App
A confirmation message of your activation will be sent upon completion of the verification
- Can I use the Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan’s 5G enabled SIM card on my smartphone?
The 5G enabled SIM cards under Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan cannot be used in smartphones.
- How do I check my data usage or make bill payment for my Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan?
You may contact our YesCare at email@example.com to check on the data usage (4G+5G).
For bill payment, you can make payment via MyYes app or refer to Yes Payment Channels for more information.
- What is the Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan’s speed level assurance that Yes is providing?
Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway offers uncapped speeds. You can expect blazing fast speeds that will keep you connected and entertained.According to Digital Nasional Berhad (DNB), the average 5G speed in Malaysia is 429Mbps as of March 8, 2023. DNB promised to deliver a minimum download speed of at least 100Mbps within 5G coverage areas.
- What if my area is not within the 5G coverage?
We are expanding our 5G coverage. In the event that your area is not within the 5G coverage range, you will still get to enjoy our 4G connectivity and services on Yes network.
- What is the warranty period for the Yes 5G Infinite Gateway device and accessories?
The standard warranty period for Yes 5G Infinite Gateway device is for 12 months and the accessories for the devices are for 6 months.
- How do I claim the warranty if the Yes 5G Infinite Gateway device that I purchased is defective?
Walk in to the nearest Yes Store to do a One-to-One swap provided the device is still within the warranty period. However, you need to buy a new device for RM1,199 if the device is out of warranty.
- How many users can connect to Yes 5G Infinite Gateway device at one time?
Yes 5G Infinite Gateway can connect up to 32 devices per SSID (referred to as a network name).
- How do I set up Yes 5G Infinite Gateway device?
Remove the SIM slot cover
ii. Install the SIM card into the spring-loaded SIM slot as directed. To remove the SIM, press the edge of the SIM inward and the SIM will pop out (Please ensure that you use the Standard and not the Micro or Nano SIM)
iii. Close the SIM cover
iv. Connect your power adaptor to the wall outlet
v. Connect power adaptor to the 12V port on the device
vi. Use LAN port to connect to your wired device via Ethernet cable (Connection with Wired or Wireless Devices)
vii. To connect using WiFi, scan the WiFi SSID name, the device label and enter the password.*For more information you may refer to Yes 5G Infinite Gateway device support page.
- Does Yes 5G Infinite Gateway device support CCTV?
Yes 5G Infinite Gateway device supports IP Cameras with Wi-Fi and also cloud-based CCTV.
- Will a penalty fee be imposed if I decide to terminate my subscription within the contract period?
If you terminate the Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan during the Contract Period, you will be subject to Early Termination Charges (“ETC”).
- What is 7 Days Return Policy?
7 Days Return Policy is for Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan customers who wish to cancel the contract within seven (7) days from the SIM activation date. *Terms and conditions apply.
- How do I cancel my subscription for the 7 Days Return Policy for Yes 5G Wireless Broadband Gateway Postpaid Service Plan?
The request can be made via Yes Store if you meet the below conditions;
(i) you have no service or slow service connection at your registered premises; and
(ii) your data usage consumption at your registered premises is less than 10GB (4G + 5G); and
(iii) your request for termination is made within seven (7) days from the date of your SIM activation; and;
(iv) you return the complete Device set (which shall include the Yes 5G Infinite Gateway device, power cord and Quick User Guide) in good condition.
*Terms and conditions apply.
- What if I have more questions not addressed in this FAQ?
We’re here to help! Feel free to reach out to YesCare at firstname.lastname@example.org for any other enquiries. You can also download MyYes app from the Google Play Store, Apple App Store or Huawei AppGallery to chat with our friendly Chatbot, Sofia or directly submit your questions to our customer advocate by creating a ticket in your MyYes App under Quick Access by clicking YesCare tab.