- What is 5G?
5G is the latest generation of cellular technology with the fastest internet speeds, ultra-low latency and greater bandwidth.
- What is the difference in internet speed between 4G and 5G?
With 5G, subscribers will be able to experience peak data rates of up to 100 times faster than 4G, and 1,000 times more connections than 4G with a supported “near-zero latency” — close to no delay in sending and receiving information between devices.
- What are the Yes FT5G Plans offered by Yes?
The Yes FT5G Plans are a series of special plans that enable a subscriber to enjoy unlimited 5G access up to 30 days from date of activation of the SIM card, subject to terms and conditions. They include the Yes FT5G Prepaid Unlimited, the Yes FT5G Postpaid 49, and Yes FT5G Postpaid 99 Phone bundle plans.
- Which locations are equipped with 5G Services?
For more information, you may refer to and check for 5G network coverage here www.yes.my/coverage.
- If I have subscribed to a Yes First To 5G Campaign plan but I am not within the 5G network area, will I still enjoy 5G services?
You will not be able to enjoy 5G services if you are not within the 5G network area. However, you will continue to enjoy uninterrupted 4G connectivity on our Yes network.
- How can I enjoy 5G services?
You may subscribe to any of the service plans available within the Yes First To 5G Campaign subject to the campaign terms and conditions. Please take note that you can only use 5G services with a compatible 5G smartphone. For further information, please refer to yes.my/supported-devices/
- I have subscribed to the Yes Postpaid FT5G Plan or the Yes Prepaid FT5G Plan. How do I know when I am on 5G?
A 5G icon on your 5G compatible smartphone will appear when you are within a 5G covered area.
- What should I do if I am in a 5G network area but I do not see the 5G icon appearing on my 5G smartphone?
In such instance, you may send your questions to email@example.com. Alternatively you can download the MyYes app from the Android Play Store or the Apple App Store to submit your questions through the MyYes app, or chat with our Chatbot Sofia and Yes customer advocate directly.
- Will I be able to use 5G services if I am on a 4G smartphone?
No, you will not be able to use 5G services if you are using a 4G smartphone.
- Will I be able to use the 5G SIM Card in my 4G smartphone?
No, the 5G SIM Card cannot be used with a 4G smartphone.
- I am in a 5G network coverage area, can I choose to use 4G network instead of 5G network?
No, you are unable to choose the type of network connectivity as your smartphone device is programmed to automatically connect with the best available network in the area.
- If I bought a 5G smartphone from overseas, will I be able to use it in Malaysia on the 5G network?
We are unable to guarantee that 5G smartphones purchased overseas can be used on Malaysia’s 5G network. Instead, we recommend that you purchase the smartphone directly from Yes.
- Is any configuration needed to enable 5G services on your 5G smartphone?
No, there is no specific configuration required. You can use 5G services on your 5G smartphone as long as you within the 5G network coverage area.
- Can I use the 5G Services on a Yes broadband modem?
No, 5G services are currently unavailable through a broadband modem.
- What happened to my 5G connectivity when my device is running on Battery Saver or power saving mode?
Most devices will automatically switch off 5G connectivity when the battery saver profile is enabled.
My battery is draining, what should I do to keep my 5G connected?
To continue enjoying 5G services experiences, you can turn off the battery saver and select “Preferred 5G” option under device network settings. For more information, you may refer to How To Enable 5G Preferred Network.