- Who is eligible for the International Roaming Service?
All Yes Subscribers of Postpaid Service Plans are eligible for the International Roaming Service. Terms and conditions apply.
- How do I activate International Roaming Service on my mobile device?
A. If you are a Yes Subscriber of any of the Postpaid Service Plans with less than six (6) months of tenure, you may activate the International Roaming Service by:
1. Paying a deposit of Ringgit Malaysia Three Hundred (RM 300) (“Deposit Sum”) via MyYes app; and
2. Performing the self-enabled activation of the International Roaming Service via MyYes app.
B. If you are a Yes subscriber of any of the Postpaid Service Plans with more than six (6) months of tenure with a good payment record, you may activate the International Roaming Service by:
1. Performing the self-enabled activation of the International Roaming Service via MyYes app.
Step-by step to self-enable activation of International Roaming Service.
1. Download and login to MyYes app.
2. Under Quick Access, click the “YesRoam” icon.
3. Click the “Activate” icon.
4. Enable toggle for “Activate Roaming”.
5. Follow the instructions for deposit payment.
6. Roaming services successfully activated.
- How do I check the rates on International Roaming Service when I am abroad?
You may check the rates on International Roaming Service at www.yes.my/roaming.
- What should I do if I need assistance with an International Roaming Service when I am abroad?
If you have any queries or encounter problems with the International Roaming Service, you can send an email to email@example.com or get the MyYes app and manage your account anywhere with our selfcare app. Please take note that roaming charges will apply.
- Can I roam in any country in the world with my International Roaming Service?
We offer International Roaming Service all over countries worldwide. To find out more, visit www.yes.my/roaming.
- What type of service may I use under the International Roaming Service?
The type of service you may use under the International Roaming Service are:
(a) To make and receive voice calls;
(b) To send and receive text messages via SMS; and
(c) Use of data service.
- How do I make an outgoing call or send SMS through the International Roaming Service?
You just have to follow the simple steps stated below:
Step 1: Insert “+”
Step 2: Followed by the Country Code
Step 3: And the area/operator code together with mobile/fixed line number.Examples:-
To call a Malaysian Mobile Number (e.g. 018 331 0000) while abroad Dial +6018 331 0000
To call a Malaysian Fixed Line Number (e.g. 03 1234 5678) while abroad Dial +603 1234 5678
To send a SMS to Malaysia mobile number (018 123 4567) while abroad Dial +6018 123 4567 and press send.
- Does the credit limit under my Postpaid Service Plan apply to services I use under the International Roaming Service?
The Credit Limit of Your Service Plan (if applicable) shall apply to Your Roaming Service charges. As such, you are required to monitor your own talktime, SMS and data usage when you use the International Roaming Service and you shall be solely responsible for all charges incurred on your use of the International Roaming Service under your Service account. Further, please take note that the monthly Commitment Fee of your Postpaid Service Plan only covers data usage in Malaysia and does not include any data usage outside Malaysia.
- Why was my Service account not barred immediately after it exceeded the credit limit during my use of the International Roaming Service?
The credit limit under your service account does not apply to your use of International Roaming Service. Please take note that until we receive updates from our roaming network partners regarding your use of the International Roaming Service on their respective networks, we will not know whether you have exceeded the credit limit of your Postpaid Service Plan.
- What charges may incur under the International Roaming Service?
You will incur charges for the use of the following type of service under the International Roaming Service:
a) Make voice calls;
b) Receiving voice calls;
c) Send SMS; and
d) Data access/use.
Please take note that charges on your use of International roaming service may vary depending on the countries you are roaming from. Please refer to www.yes.my/roaming for details on the applicable rates on International Roaming Service.
- When will the charges on my use of International Roaming Service be reflected in my bill?
The charges will be reflected in the monthly Bill succeeding the month of your use of the International Roaming Service. Please take note that we do not guarantee that all roaming calls/SMS/data usage details will be reflected in your bill. Please also take note that certain roaming call details will not be reflected in your bill, including the incoming call numbers to your device during your use of the International Roaming Service.
- Will I be able to see the incoming call numbers (caller ID) on my mobile screen during my use of the International Roaming Service?
This depends on the network operator/carrier of the country you are visiting.
- Why was I unable to make voice calls or send SMS even though I had subscribed to the International Roaming Service and connected to the roaming network operator?
It could be because you were in a weak network coverage area. In such instances, you may try moving to another area with a stronger signal and retry to make voice calls or send SMS. Alternatively, you may try to connect through any other YTLC’s network operator partners. Please take note that different rates may apply when you connect with a different network operator.
- Is International Roaming Service subject to Sales and Services Tax (SST)?
Yes, effective from 1 September 2018, the International Roaming Service is subject to SST.