- What is the Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack?
The Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack is a Prepaid Service Plan provided by YTL Communications Sdn Bhd (Company No.200701035605 (793634-V)) (“YTLC”). It is offered to all Malaysians and non-Malaysians residing in Malaysia aged 12 years and above with 5G Smartphone. Terms and conditions apply.
- Where can I apply for the Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack?
You can apply for the Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack through the Yes website www.yes.my or on MyYes app.
- How many Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack can I apply?
You can only apply for one (1) Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack.
- Will I be able to use 5G services if I am on a 4G smartphone?
No, you will not be able to use 5G services if you are using a 4G smartphone. For more information regarding the 5G services, you may refer to FAQ under the First To 5G Campaign.
- I have received an email notification from Yes that my application for the Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack is successful. How do I know when I will receive my Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack?
The email notification will state a delivery tracking number. To check your delivery status, please go to www.yes.my/TrackOrder and enter your delivery tracking number.
- I have received my free 5G-enabled SIM Card, how do I activate it to start using my free 10GB data?
To activate your 5G-enabled SIM Card:
If you are a New User, please follow the following steps:
(i) Download the MyYes app
(ii) On the login page, press “New User”
(iii) Press “Activate SIM” button and follow the self-activation steps on the screen
(iv) Once your activation is successful, you can now login to your Service account using your phone number and the password sent to your email. You can also login using the TAC method if you cannot find your password.
If you are an Existing User, please follow the following steps:
(i) Login to the MyYes app
(ii) Go to Quick Access, press “Activate SIM” button and follow the self-activation steps on the screen
(iii) Once your activation is successful, you can now login to your Service account using your phone number and the password sent to your email. You can also login using the TAC method if you cannot find your password.
- Am I allowed to choose a Yes Mobile Number when I apply for the Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack?
Not at this point in time. A YES Mobile Number will be assigned to each SIM Card upon activation.
- How long will my service account remain active?
Your Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack service account will remain active for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of activation of your 5G-enabled SIM Card.
- What happens if my Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack account becomes inactive?
You will still be able to receive calls and SMS, access your contacts and make emergency calls. However, you will not be able to make any calls, send SMS or surf the internet. Kindly purchase a Yes Reload for your Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack. The minimum purchase of a Yes Reload is RM5. For more information, please refer to the Yes Reload Terms and Conditions available at Yes Reload Terms and Conditions.
- Does the 10GB free data have an expiry date?
Yes, it does. It is valid for a period of 30 days only from the date of successful activation of your 5G-enabled SIM Card.
- How will I know whether I have received my free 10GB data upon activation of my Yes FT5G Discover SIM Pack?
Please login to MyYes app, the information will be displayed on your home screen.
- Can I purchase other Prepaid Data Add-Ons before my account expires?
Yes, you can. For more information on the Prepaid Data Add-on, please refer to our Prepaid FAQ.
- Do I need to activate the 5G-enabled SIM Card immediately upon receipt, or can I do so at a later time?
You are required to perform a one-time activation of the 5G-enabled SIM Card within thirty (30) days from the date you receive the 5G-enabled SIM Card. Failing to do so will result in the SIM Card automatic expiration and your Service account shall be terminated accordingly. In such instance, any payment made by you, including the plan fee shall be automatically forfeited and no refund shall be made to you.
- Will there be any charges imposed when I call other Yes mobile numbers?
There will be no charges imposed for domestic calls from a Yes mobile number to another Yes mobile number. If you are outside of Malaysia, you may subscribe to our International Roaming Service. Please refer to the International Roaming Service rates published at www.yes.my/roaming.
- Will there be any charges imposed when I call other networks?
Yes, standard rates will apply. Please refer to the table below:-
Type of Off Net Services Rates (RM) Charging Block
Voice Calls RM 0.09/minute 30 SMS RM 0.09/SMS –
- Will there be any charges imposed on IDD Service?
Yes, charges will be imposed. Please refer to the voice call and SMS rates in relation to IDD Service @www.yes.my/roaming.
- Can I change my existing Service Plan to Yes FT5G Discover Plan?
No, the Free Yes FT5G Discover Plan is only available for new registration.
- Can I keep my existing mobile number on Yes FT5G Discover Plan?
Yes, you can port your existing mobile number to the Yes FT5G Discover Plan after your 5G-enabled SIM Card has been activated. Please refer https://www.yes.my/keep-your-number/ for more information.
- What if I have more questions not addressed in this FAQ?
You can send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can download MyYes app from the Android Play Store or the Apple App Store to submit your questions via MyYes app, chat with our Chatbot Sofia and Yes.